I’ve seen lots of users having difficulty to create and sync deliverables.
So, today I’ll show you how to do it using Microsoft Project Professional and Project Site.
IMPORTANT: You will only be able to add or update Deliverables in your plan when you are connected to Project Web App and have published the project and created a workspace site.
So, let’s start it. I’ll show you different ways to do this.
- Open your Plan in Microsoft Project Professional and select the tasks that you want to create the deliverables.
- After click on “Create Deliverables” you’ll see the icon.
- If you open the SharePoint site you will see the same deliverables created. (Go to File -> Info and click on SharePoint Site link).
- To sync you need to select the deliverable in your plan and click on Sync Deliverables.
- You can use the option Manage Deliverables (Ribbon Tasks -> Click on Deliverable -> Manage Deliverable). You will see a new tab in the Microsoft Project Professional and you can create Deliverables using the option “Add new deliverable…“. Using this option, you can select only one task per time.
- Select “Link to the selected task” and click Done.
- If you open the SharePoint site, you will see the same deliverables created. (Go to File -> Info and click on SharePoint Site link).
- You can create Deliverables directly from the Project site (workspace) and then if you want, you can link to a task in your Plan.
- I’ve created 2. ( Manually Deliverable 1 and 2).
- Now, go to the Project Plan. You need to sync the Deliverables and then you’ll be able to see the new Deliverables created.
- To sync you can click on Deliverable and Sync. This sync only shows the Deliverables created in the Project Site. If you have changed the dates, you need to select the deliverable in your plan and then Sync.
- or if you are using the option Manage Deliverable you need to click on Get updates.
- Now the deliverables were Synchronized and there is an Alert, informing that this deliverable only exists on the server.
- You can edit this deliverable and assign to one task.
- And now when you sync again, the Manually Deliverable 1 will receive the dates and the name from task “Add a login for the report authors group“
- Deliverable has been renamed in Project Site
and that’s it.
Take advantage of all the features of Project Online and Microsoft Project Professional !!!
See you soon